Next section: Declaring characteristics of classes
8. Controlling DynamismThis section describes how you can selectively control the dynamism of Dylan's functions and classes. The techniques for selectively controlling dynamism in Dylan are:
Syntactically, these are all expressed as adjectives on the generic function, class, or method definition, or slot specification, with the exception of the seal generic form.
- Declaring a class to be sealed or open
- Declaring a class to be abstract or concrete
- Declaring a class to be primary or free
- Declaring a generic function to be sealed or open
- Using the seal generic form, or using the abbreviations define sealed method and sealed slot.